Are you struggling because of lowered testosterone levels? This is not uncommon for many men as aging happens. Testosterone is at its peak when you are in your early adulthood, but it begins to drop after that period. You can expect to lose a percent or two of your testosterone level each year once you hit 40. This can cause symptoms that many men find hard to deal with. In this article we’ll look at what low testosterone is and how you can treat it. From there, you can decide if low t treatment in Torrance is something you would like to pursue.
Signs of Lowered Testosterone Levels
There are a few different signs that point toward lowered levels of testosterone. You may notice a reduction in muscle mass, experience depression, gain weight, have hot flashes, or experience changes in sexual desire. Falling levels of testosterone are normal as you age. However some medical conditions can make the shift move faster than it should.
- Acute stress
- Chronic stress
- Certain medications
- Infection or injury
- Radiation therapy or chemotherapy for cancer
Diagnosing the Issue
If you believe you have low testosterone, your doctor will want to do some tests to be sure this is accurate. You can expect to go through a physical exam, communicate about symptoms with your physician, and have blood taken for numerous blood tests. Once the doctor determines you do have low testosterone levels, they will begin treatment of the condition.
Types of Testosterone Therapy
Most men who have low levels of testosterone will receive medical treatment to increase their levels. Low t treatment in Torrance can be administered in a few different ways. Your doctor may prefer one over another. You may also find that some types of testosterone therapy are covered by your insurance while others are not. Take the time to do some research and get the right therapy for your situation.
- Gels – With a gel, you will spread a specific amount on your upper arms, thighs, or shoulders. You must wash your hands after application because it can be passed on to others through touch. Make sure you always have clothes separating you from someone else while using gel.
- Injections – You can choose to use injectable testosterone. It will be administered once every week or every two weeks.
- Patch – This is similar to the gel method, except you will put on a patch at the beginning of the day which will transmit hormones into your system.
- Pellets – These are a type of implants that are placed under the skin. They are typically replaced every three or six months.
At Advanced Hormone Replacement, we would love to help you determine if you have low t levels in Torrance or something else is amiss. To learn more about us, visit www.AdvancedHormoneReplacement.com.